To declare a minor, students must have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better. Students should consult a School of Natural Sciences adviser to officially declare a minor and plan their courses. The following guidelines must be adhered to:
- At least five courses, four of which must be upper division, must be taken for a letter grade.
- At least three of the required courses must be taken at UC Merced.
- Only one course may be used to satisfy two minor programs' requirements.
- Only one course may be used to satisfy both a minor and a major requirement.
- Work for the minor must be completed within the 150 unit maximum limit for graduation.
- If the student's major and minor are in different schools, the higher unit maximum will apply.
- Students must consult the UC Merced General Catalog for prerequisites to required courses.
- The minor will appear on the student's transcript.