The Grants Administration assists in the financial management of contract and grant funding, gift and other support funding and is the first-line, go-to person for Principal Investigator (PI) actions related to their research funding. The Grants Administration Unit also assists PIs with proposal development such as reviewing requests for proposals (RFPs), preparing proposal budgets, may assist in preparing support documentation as required by proposal guidelines, and serves as a liaison to the units within the Office of Research and Economic Development.
The Grants Administration Unit in the School of Natural Sciences offers support to consistently deliver responsive and solution-oriented services within the scope of pre and post-award areas of extramural grant administration and financial management. Support is provided to faculty, staff, and students to allow them to pursue their goals to achieve world class scholarly investigation, research excellence and teaching objectives.
Provides the following grant related services to the School of Natural Sciences:
- Assistance with proposal preparation
- Pre-award Grant Application Support Options
- Draft proposal budget and budget justification
- Cayuse SP/424 support; equivalent system-to-system applications; Fastlane, etc
- Post-Award Management
- Award and subaward appropriatiion processing through Contracts and Grants Office
- Award financial management and reconciliation
- Summer salary request processing: https://intelforms.ucmerced.edu//Form/SummerSalary2020
- No Cost extension requests thru Contracts and Grants Office