Skip to content Skip to navigation

Event Support


  • Support faculty and staff with event planning and logistics.
  • Assist faculty and staff to follow UC policies regarding events so that organized, compliant, and safe events are held by our constituents. 
  • Increase the quality, visibility and scope of event advertising, both in print, and online, to increase event attendance and success.

Frequently Asked Questions and Useful Links:

  • How do I order catering for a meeting or event and pay for it with an FAU?

Use this link to order catering through SNS event support staff to be paid for with an FAU.

Use this link to order catering directly from Lakeside Campus Catering (ordering directly will expedite your request).

  • How do I reserve parking for a guest in advance?

Guest parking spaces are reserved through Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS). You may directly input a request for a parking reservation here.

 If you need assistance, please email with following: 1) the FAU to be charged for the reservation, 2) the date of the reservation(s), 3) the reservation name (i.e. "Professor Jonathan Smith"), and 4) the parking lot requested. For the cost of parking, see TAPS parking fees, policies, and rates here.

  • I need parking for a guest today! What do I do?

As a courtesy to our faculty and staff, the School of Natural Sciences has two EasyPark electronic parking meters available for check-out at the Dean's Suite front desk in Science & Engineering 1, room 370 (Mon - Fri-, 8am - 5pm). Guests displaying the EasyPark meter may park in any unmarked space on campus. Meters are checked out on a first-come, first-serve basis, and should be used in the case of emergency (when a parking reservation could not be submitted in advance with TAPS). We cannot guarantee availability of the meters. Faculty and staff will be responsible for replacing the cost of a lost/unreturned meter. You may purchase an EasyPark meter for your own use, enquire directly with TAPS for assistance.

  • How much advance time do I need to plan for an event?

 Please begin planning as early as possible for all events, to ensure the School of Natural Sciences event staff, and campus-wide staff, may support your event to the best of their ability. The School of Natural Sciences event support staff, and campus-wide events space, are limited. Therefore, we recommend allowing a minimum of 6-8 months' advance notice for large events (events with 50 or more attendees), a minimum of 3 - 4 weeks' advance notice for medium events (25 - 50 attendees), and a minimum of 3 weeks' advance notice for small events (25 or less attendees). Please see Facilities Management website for more details on advance notice and fees for their event support services, as well as the Campus Lakeside Catering Policy.

  • How do I find out about events or advertise my event to the campus/community?

Please refer to the UC Merced Events Calendar for the most up-to-date and extensive list of campus and campus-affiliated events. You may submit your events to be published on the site by using the Submit an Event link on the left-hand side of the page. Please email for additional support in dessiminating your event to the campus or greater Merced/regional community and other outlets, if needed.

  • Can I serve alcohol at a UC Merced event?

Yes. However, special approval to serve alcohol needs to be submitted at least 17 business days' in advance to SNS event staff so they may gain approvals needed from the UC Police Department and the Office of the Provost. See the Permit to Serve Alcoholic Beverages.

See campus Risk Services website for complete details regarding the service and sale of alcohol on campus.

Still need assistance? Please contact