Skip to content Skip to navigation


To declare a minor, students must have an overall grade-point average of 2.0 or better. Students should consult a School of Natural Sciences adviser to officially declare a minor and plan their courses. The following guidelines must be adhered to:

  • At least five courses, four of which must be upper division, must be taken for a letter grade.
  • At least three of the required courses must be taken at UC Merced.
  • Only one course may be used to satisfy two minor programs' requirements.
  • Only one course may be used to satisfy both a minor and a major requirement.
  • Work for the minor must be completed within the 150 unit maximum limit for graduation.
  • If the student's major and minor are in different schools, the higher unit maximum will apply.
  • Students must consult the UC Merced General Catalog for prerequisites to required courses.
  • The minor will appear on the student's transcript.