UCM Information Technology (IT) will be conducting the next phase of the UCM Next Generation Network in the Science and Engineering 1 Building (SE1) providing increased network speed, reliability, and security.
The work will start at 8 a.m. on Friday, January 8, 2016 through the evening of Sunday, January 10, 2016. The network is not expected to be available until Monday, January 11, 2016.
This work requires temporary loss of network connectivity to the SE1 building during the process.
During this period,
• IT staff will need to access private offices and lab space.
• If there are any limitations or restrictions on accessing an office or lab space, notify Anthony Sali (email@example.com) as soon as possible.
• If you have any unofficial/unauthorized/undisclosed network devices (such as routers, switches, or wireless access points, Wi-Fi, etc.), you should contact IT immediately to maintain connectivity after the planned downtime. If you do not, these devices are not expected to work after this upgrade.
• Any equipment that depends on the network to function will not be operational during this time
• Building controls, including CatCard and temperature regulation, have already been upgraded and should not be impacted during this time.
• Contact Deputy CIO, Peter Deutsch (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 408-314-2739 with special requirements, specialized network equipment, hazards, limitations or any other issues you feel are important for IT to know before the upgrade.
Please share this communication widely with any building occupants that may be impacted. For more information about this project, please visit the NGN Project website: http://it.ucmerced.edu/next-generation-network/