- Process recruitments, appointments and separations for all academic, staff, research and Undergraduate student appointments. To include facilitating the recruitment processes, advertising, finalizing application materials, requesting letters of evaluation, coordinating department access, logistical support during selection processes, administering faculty voting and coordinating dossier submissions for higher levels of review.
- Coordination of advertising, scheduling, travel arrangements, reimbursements, house-hunting, relocation and policy compliance for all Senate Faculty recruitments.
- Provide information, guidance and training on Performance Management for staff, lecturer, research and undergraduate student employees.
- Process School level appointments (Department Chairs, Academic Administrative titles, etc.)
- Process Senate Faculty Summer Teaching appointments
- Identity Management for all academic and staff appointees (email accounts and accesses).
- Coordinate Learn at Lunches sessions to introduce other units internal and external to The School of Natural Sciences.
- Coordinate visas including, J-1, H-1B, TN, F-1with OPT/CPT status, and Permanent Residency as needed working with the Office of International Affairs.
Senate Faculty Advancement Cases:
- Organize and review case materials for merits/reappointments, promotions and Mid-Career Appraisals including requesting letters of evaluation, coordinating department access, logistical support during processes, administering faculty voting and coordinating dossier submissions for higher levels of review.
- Provide information, guidance and training as necessary.
Sabbaticals, Active Service Modified Duties (ASMD), and leave related requests:
- Provide information, guidance, processing and tracking for sabbatical, Active Service Modified Duties, and other leaves or accommodations for academic (senate and non-senate) appointees.
Protected Research Requests:
- Provide information, guidance, processing and tracking for course relief requests.
Personnel Management Systems:
- Provide school level trainings related to all functions above: Digital Measures system, AP Recruit system, Academic Case Review System, UC OATS and any trainings as needed.